Thursday 29 September 2011

One in a million.

Like most (infact, probably all) teenagers, I have a best friend.

She's the person who I'm closest to, the person with whom I can share anything - and the person I can trust with everything.  She's the kind of person who has a 'magnetic' personality; you're drawn to her because of various things - and I feel as though I have a duty to help her with anything and everything - she's just that kind of person.  Moreover, she's the only person who knows I'm transgender.

From my perspective, this makes her even more an incredible person.  It would have been well within her rights when I told her to turn around and arefuse to speak to me again; perhaps using some kind of slander or cheap language to desribe me - but she's not like that.  Considering she'd never heard of Transgenderism or Gender Dysophira before I told her, she's been remarkable: helping me deal with some rough times of late, talking to me perfectley normally and even using my 'female name' - she's simply incredible.

I know things haven't been easy for her of late either, which is why I'm writing this post today.  It's very common to feel unwanted/unappreciated - and this can spiral in to lonliness and fear; something no-one deserves: and especially someone as wonderful as her.

So I write this directly to her now; she knows who she is - Let this be a lasting momento of how much you mean to me.  You're a truly wonderful person, you're incredibly pretty and I feel blessed to have known you.  

To give an idea of her to those of you who don't know her, I'll leave you in the capable words of KT tunstall;


Everything Around her is a silver pool of light.  
Everyone around her feels the benefit of it, it makes you calm.
She holds you capitvated in her palm.

Take care. x

No comments:

Post a Comment